The Random Lists In A Bullet Journal

Obviously with the #PlanDocumentCreate motto I love those three main things about bullet journaling: I can plan, I can draw, I can preserver. Movie tickets, vacation plans, zendoodles…these things represent the most common pages in my bullet journal.

However, the other thing I love about the Bullet Journal system is the ability to combine all of the random lists I keep in my life into one notebook. I used to flag shows and movies on my “watch list” on Amazon and I’d put books on my To Read shelf at Goodreads. I’d email myself links with “Article To Read” in the subject heading. I’d mark recipes as “favorites” on my favorite plant-based websites. I’d subscribe to RSS feeds in my chosen feed reader.

And did I ever consult any of these? Rarely to Never. Mostly Never.

But now! Now I have a bullet journal where I can keep lists with me at all times. And they are lists I usually copy and re-copy to each volume so they’ll move along with me through time. Movies to watch, Books to read, Daily blogs, Articles to read (usually preserved by website and article title. But honestly? I still email myself the links.) and Recipes to try.

toread

What are the random lists you keep in your Bullet Journal? Do they move with you from volume to volume?

Tools I Use:
Notebook: Leuchtturm 1917 A5 Hardcover Dotted
Cover: Custom cover with trail marker from my favorite local race. Made by Makers South
Pens: Currently loving the Paper Mate Inkjoy Gel Pens, Fine Point

10 thoughts on “The Random Lists In A Bullet Journal

• June 28, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I have a list of all my hand-knits that need to be washed at the end of the winter. That one will definitely be copied over to my next bujo. (I’m only halfway through my first one!)
    I have a list of recipes I want to try… with a note of where to find it. Which blog? or was it a cookbook on my Nook? Just imagine.

• June 28, 2016 at 1:44 pm

Hi I am new to bullet journaling so I am trying to get this all together, my question is for certain lists like for example I like to keep a list of the books I read how do I know how many pages to keep blank?

• August 16, 2016 at 2:56 pm

Hi! You’ve probably figured out an answer by now, but I only ever allocate one page for a list. If I end up needing more, I add a new list to the next blank page (even if it’s 20 pages away) and just make a note on the bottom that it continues on page #_. Works for me!

• June 28, 2016 at 1:46 pm

I did the layout with a bookshelf and wrote in books to read. I color them once done.

• June 29, 2016 at 12:27 am

That sounds like a very cool idea! I like it!

• June 28, 2016 at 2:10 pm

When I started bullet journaling back in February, I used a notebook that was a bit too bulky to carry around for everyday use; however, I spent a lot of time crafting and creating my lists in it. So now I’ve switched over to a smaller notebook, but I am still using the original one for my more permanent lists (ie. To Be Read, Movies, Goals for the Year). I’ll still jot down entries in my current bujo if I think of them when I’m out and about but will transfer them later.

I also have lists that are more curated toward my hobbies like: Pen Pen Tracker and Address Log, Podcasts to Listen To, and Vlog Ideas.

• July 5, 2016 at 9:26 pm

I like that idea! Because I have SOOOO many lists, and I’ve been trying to find a way to keep them without taking up every square inch of my bujo.

You’re the best!

• June 29, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Hi!
    I loooove lists, I’m almost doing lists of lists to do (I know I know it’s getting really serious).
    I have kind of a bullet journal, I of course do have lists in it: “In I will read”, “Books I wanna buy”, “Books I read (finished)”, Movies I saw, Series I’m watching. I revolves a lot around books 🙂

• July 7, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Having to migrate my collections is one thing I don’t like about bullet journaling. I think I’ll start to put some kind of signifier on the items that were migrated on my ‘to read/to watch’ type of lists. If I migrate it several times, then I must not really want to spend time on it and will drop it.

• July 18, 2016 at 2:16 pm

I have a small notebook in my everyday carry (a Sojourner by Retrowtures) for list. I haven’t had to move it yet, hoping one insert will last awhile.